- Schools & Networks
- Blog & News
- Educator Resources
Baldwin Hills Elementary Pilot & Gifted High Ability Magnet
Updated Jul 21, 2017
5421 Rodeo Road - Los Angeles CA - 90016
Type of autonomy arrangement: pilot schools
About the Learning Program
School Motto: Anchored and grounded in strengths from our past, poised and ready to soar.
Opening Statement of School Mission: The mission of Baldwin Hills Elementary Pilot and Gifted/High Ability Magnet, a culturally and linguistically diverse community, is to work in partnership with the children, families, and community we serve in order to provide a strong academic, ethical, and culturally responsive education with measurable results.
Our History & Pilot Highlights: Baldwin Hills Elementary Pilot/Gifted High Ability Magnet is unique and has a reputation for being a gem among LAUSD schools because of our success educating African-American and Latino children. Though high achieving, we believe there should not be a ceiling on achievement and that we can do more if given the autonomy to make decisions that directly impact the children we know so well and teach.
Our aim is to create an academically rigorous, culturally responsive instructional program that can propel students to meet their limitless potentials.
- Work in partnership with children, families, and community to provide a strong academic, ethical, and culturally responsive education.
- Create an environment where students’ diversity, backgrounds, and languages are highly valued.
- Build “bridges” between home and school to enable life-long learning, problem solving, increased self-esteem, and responsible citizenship for success in a diverse, ever-changing world.
S.T.E.A.M. Enrichment/Resources offered:
- 21st Century Technology => 1:1 iPad School
- P.S. Arts
- Visual Arts
- Instrumental Music (Grades 4 & 5)
- Critical thinking through chess instruction
- And more!