Building School-Based Teacher Learning Communities
An inside look at the processes, resources, and system strategies that are necessary to build vibrant school-based teacher learning communities.
Amazon.com offers the following description of Building School-Based Teacher Learning Communities:
Building on extensive evidence that school-based teacher learning communities improve student outcomes, this book lays out an agenda to develop and sustain collaborative professional cultures. Milbrey W. McLaughlin and Joan E. Talbert—foremost scholars of school change and teaching contexts—provide an inside look at the processes, resources, and system strategies that are necessary to build vibrant school-based teacher learning communities.
Offering a compelling, straightforward blueprint for action, this book:
* Takes a comprehensive look at the problem of improving the quality of teaching across the United States, based on evidence and examples from the authors’ nearly two decades of research.
* Demonstrates how and why school-based teacher learning communities are bottom-line requirements for improved instruction.
* Outlines the resources and supports needed to build and sustain a long-term school-based teacher professional community.
* Discusses the nature of high-quality professional development to support learning and changes in teaching.
* Details the roles and responsibilities of policymakers at all levels of the school system.””
The CTQ School Redesign Team suggests checking out the books that Amazon says “customers who bought this item also bought.” This will probably lead to some of the many great resources out there about creating collaborative professional cultures.
Warning: Illegal string offset 'url' in /var/www/teacherpowered.org/public_html/wp-content/themes/tp-2022/single-guide_resource.php on line 38
Education Evolving and CTQ have partnered to create these resources for the Teacher-Powered Schools Initiative, which seeks to highlight successes around the country.
Visit the CTQ website to learn more about how CTQ brings educators and school system leaders together in other ways to improve public education for every student.