Thank You For a Great 2015 Conference!
Read more about the 2015 conference in this blog post. Or see the archived 2015 conference information below, including info on the sessions, presenters, etc. Please note this is the archived page for the conference held in November 2015. More information about a possible future conference is coming soon.
The conference is sponsored by the Teacher-Powered Schools Initiative, a collaborative project of Education Evolving and the Center for Teaching Quality. It will be co-hosted by Kim Farris-Berg and Lori Nazareno. PD/CEU credit certificates will be available.
The vast majority of conference sessions are prepared by teachers currently in teacher-powered schools. Topics include:
- Conducting peer evaluation in a flat organization
- Distributing leadership through committees, hybrid roles, etc.
- Securing and sustaining school and teacher autonomy
- Demonstrating student success beyond test scores
- Hiring and selecting colleagues
- And more!
In addition to these teacher presentations, the schedule also includes:
- A teacher-powered school site visit
- Cocktail reception & happy hour
- Plenary by Kim Farris-Berg and Lori Nazareno
- Plenary on “busting myths” about teacher-powered schools
- Appetizers, breakfast, and lunch!
Sessions are presented by over 20 teacher-powered teachers, including the Teacher-Powered Schools Ambassadors. Lori Nazareno (founder of Math and Science Leadership Academy and teacher in residence at the Center for Teaching Quality), Kim Farris-Berg (lead author of Trusting Teachers with Schools Success) and others will also present.
The conference hotel is easily accessible by light rail from the airport and is centrally located in Downtown Minneapolis near restaurants, shops, and local landmarks. Take in a perfect blend of nature and urban sophistication!
Design Day (optional, separate)
Join Lori Nazareno, Kim Farris-Berg, and some TPS ambassadors after the conference for a day of design. Your team will leave with concrete action plans for either moving your current TPS forward, launching your new TPS, or restructuring your current school to be more teacher-powered. Sunday November 8th. A separate $75 registration fee will apply (20% off for groups of 4 or more).