Teacher-Powered Spotify Playlist
Welcome to our curated list of resources for teacher-powered champions! You know the power of teacher-powered. So we set about making this virtual back-to-school packet of sorts to help you share that power far and wide—digital assets to raise the teacher-powered profile, sample messages to spread the word, and an eclectic playlist to keep you moving.
We encourage you to give a brief announcement at a faculty meeting to remind your colleagues they are part of this Teacher-Powered Network and share the following materials:
- Make teacher-powered visible:
- Teacher-powered virtual Zoom background
- 2020 Teacher-Powered Odyssey virtual Zoom background
- Teacher-powered Facebook profile photo frame
- Share the teacher-powered message:
- 2020 Teacher-Powered Odyssey messaging (below)
- 2020 Teacher-Powered Learning Collaborative messaging (below)
- A short video introducing people to teacher-powered schools
- Slide presentation explaining teacher-powered to your board, community, families (make a copy to add to your Google Drive)
- Teacher-Powered guide for guest blog post authors
- Find teacher-powered inspiration from our Teacher-Powered Spotify Playlist (top right)
2020 Teacher-Powered Odyssey messaging
This fall, we’re hosting our national conference online. Help us drive registration by tweeting the word out, sharing on Facebook or other social media platforms where you connect with colleagues, and including this opportunity in newsletters. Modify text as appropriate for your audiences and find more information on our conference page at teacherpowered.org/conference.
Sample Tweet: Join me virtually at 2020 #TeacherPowered Odyssey: Rethinking Power in Education, October 19-29. Teacher-powered educators like you discover new, exciting designs for learning for your students. So this event is for you! Register today, $50 per person. https://2020tpsvirtualconference.sched.com
2020 Teacher-Powered Learning Collaborative messaging
Throughout 2020, we’ve been hosting monthly Learning Collaboratives, with cohorts of 6-8 like-minded educators coming together to share their experience and learn from one another. While Learning Collaboratives will continue in 2021, these opportunities are free through the end of 2020. Help us find new Learning Collaborative participants by sharing on social media, in newsletters, or referring a friend or colleague. More information at teacherpowered.org/learning-collaborative.
Sample Tweet: #TeacherPowered is connecting educators in monthly Learning Collaboratives to share successes, brainstorm, and get advice on challenges facing your team. Cohorts for teacher prep, student-teachers, and school admin opening this month—free through 2020. https://www.teacherpowered.org/learning-collaborative